Please visit the Help and Resources page for user guides and helpful information. The full process is outline below.
How to become pre-qualified today!
Step 1 > Complete your Tōtika Requirements
Before you can register your business in Tōtika’s pre-qualification, your company needs to first be registered with Tōtika.
You can do that here.
Step 2 > Apply for registration
Click the link above to go to the system.
Select Create Account and:
> Register your name, preferred user name, email address and password, and submit
> You’ll be emailed confirmation of your login details
Step 3 > Register your business details
Using your new details, login to Tōtika’s Pre-qualification System >
Follow the process to register your business details, which includes entering and selecting:
- Business details
- Contact details
- Business address
- Phone, email, fax
Step 4 > Register your business
Next, you’ll step through a questionnaire to determine which Supplier category you are. You will also be required to identify the insurances, licences, and certificates your company can supply to support your registration. Please ensure you review your selections carefully. Later in this process you’ll be prompted to upload evidence of your selections here, including the specific documents. More information about the required documents can be found on the Help and Resources page.
Step 5 > Pay for your registration
You will now pay for your registration. The cost of registration is dependent on which Supplier category your company is in:
- Category S – Sole Trader, $199 +GST every 2 years
- Does not employ staff
- Does not engage other contractors contracts independently; and
- Works independently
- Category 1, $399 + GST every 2 years
- No more than 20 employees
- Does not take on contracts in excess of $2.5M; and
- Will not have a primary work activity defined in the Tōtika high or very high-risk work activity schedule
- Category 2, $899+ GST each year
- No more than 200 employees
- Does not take on contracts in excess of NZ$20M; and
- Will not engage in a primary work activity defined in the Tōtika very-high risk work activity schedule
- Category 3, $1299 + GST each year
- Employs more than 200 people; and/or
- Takes on contracts in excess of NZ$20M and/or
- Takes on a lead/principle contractor or designer role; and/or
- Has a primary work activity defined in the Tōtika very-high risk work activity schedule
If you are still unsure of what category your organisation falls under, you can use this helpful tool or contact us.
Companies with ISO45001 Certification will be required to pay a nominal fee.
Registration covers the verification of documents, updating of profile, email reminders, and access to local support teams.
Step 6 > Upload insurances and licences
You’ll next be prompted to upload copies of the licences and insurances you selected in step 4 for verification.
The requirements may include:
- Public Liability Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Statutory Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Asbestos Liability Insurance
- Asbestos Removal Licence
- Safety Accreditations (e.g. AS/NZS-4801, ISO-45001, Q-Safe or SafePlus)
- Environmental Accreditations (e.g. ISO-14001)
- Quality Accreditations (e.g. ISO-9001)
Step 7 > Complete Safety Management System (SMS) review and submission
The final step for contractor registration is to successfully complete a SMS review. A SMS review is an independent desktop review of your Work Health and Safety documents by a qualified WHS professional. The documents you’ll be asked to upload for your SMS review may include, but are not limited to:
- WHS Policy
- Safety Management System
- Safe Work Method Statements/JSA/Safe Work Procedures
- Risk Register
- Training Matrices/Training Needs Analysis
Your SMS questions and submitted documents will be audited within ten business days of submission and you’ll be emailed if corrective actions are required for you to meet compliance.
Step 8 > Fully complaint in the Tōtika standard
Congratulations! Once our auditors have deemed that your organisation meets the 75% benchmark score of the Tōtika standard you will be issued a full audit report and certificate. You will be able to upload these documents into your Tōtika profile portal and be visible to all clients who have signed up to the Tōtika system.